The four major communities that make up Halton Region are well served by Public Libraries. Libraries throughout the region offer a wealth of services. For example you can:
• borrow books, magazines, videos, DVD’s and much much more,
• use a computer to browse the internet or send an email,
• get information about community services and organizations,
• take a course, from hobbies and crafts, to learning a new language, to computing numerous courses are available throughout the year.
Libraries cater to all age groups and of particular interest to CARP members are the services available to Seniors. These services are designed to enhance leisure, lifestyle and lifelong learning experiences. These include:
• Large Print…many Seniors enjoy the wide selection of Large Print materials. Fiction, non-fiction and even magazines are available in Large Print versions.
• Visiting Library Services……for those who are unable to visit the Library, arrangements can be made for the Library to come to you.
• Books on CD……many books are available on CD from learning a new language to best selling thrillers.
• Downloadable Audiobooks and eBooks……there is a wide selection of material available and Staff will be only too pleased to help you get started.
• Special Programs……scheduled throughout the year these events and classes are designed to provide information about the issues that concern you.
Find out more about the services Halton Region libraries offer by visiting a branch near you or by visiting the following websites.
For Burlington CLICK HERE
For Milton CLICK HERE
For Oakville CLICK HERE
For Halton Hills CLICK HERE